- Elizabeth Bennet. No, not Jane Austen, I want Lizzie. Her & I would giggle in the corner at the sideways glances of men, and then we'd go get our pants (or petticoats) dirty while we ran around in the mud outside as we took a 3 mile walk for fun.
- Randy Travis. His voice is like butter, and I will be the first to admit that I fell in love with him when he was the singing voice of Mr. Hyunh on Hey Arnold. No, I won't give you the link to that, you should already know it. The simple things. Go google it.
- Abigail Williams. As inappropriate as this statement is - I am in awe of her. There is no doubt this chick was way ahead of her time - and sassy. She did some horrible things, but I'd like to pick her brain, as I find her fascinating. Speaking of women changing history...
- Catherine of Aragon. I find her to be one of the most interesting women in English history. This is a great historical fiction novel about her life. She was amazing, strong, loyal & mistreated, and was always the regal queen she was born to be, no matter what circumstance she was in.
- Anne Bolyn - oh snap, can you believe I am putting Catherine & Anne together at the table!! Crazy stuff. I'll probably separate them by #7, but that might not even go over well.....
- Kristen Bell. After seeing this video I knew we had to be BFFs.
- Mark Wahlburg. Enough said. Plus he's HILARIOUS!
- Carrie Bradshaw. She is just so cool. I need a little coolness here, it's starting to look like a table full of nerds & hot guys. Hah!
- Michael Scott (and Dwight Shrute could interrupt but not stay).
- Justin Timberlake. So embarrassing. But whatever, this is MY dinner party!
- My great-great-great-great-great grandmother who came over on the Mayflower. 'Cuz that's just so cool.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Started this post completely differently, but I think it's important for me to try & hop back on the positive train, so here are some little gifts I received today that (should) make me cheer up.
- 25 thank-you notes from the Patriots Cheerleaders. I read them all, and hang them around my office.
- my afternoon latte & biscotti
- the remote-controlled helicopter my boss brought down for us to play with at the end of the day
- "having" to test nail polish colors & trends at work
- a new real simple magazine to read
- a new recipe i found online today that I have all of the ingredients at home to make tonight
- Knowing I was a big part in raising $10,000 for Children's Hospital