Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Quote from my Aunty M

"Sometimes we fall into annoyance. Sometimes we dive in. Maybe sometimes we can choose differently. Give people "the benefit of the doubt." On a beautiful walk in the park early this morning, I must have picked up 40 or so little cellophane juice box straw cover things. Never cared for litterers. Today, I picked them up differently. Thought of the people who might have picked up after me at times. Saw the Momma's who might have been tending to one child while another pair of little fingers opened their straw for the first time. Saw in my mind the sudden breeze that made it dance away. Made me feel differently. Give each other the benefit of the doubt. It works with big things, too; but maybe helps to practice on the little ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment