Thursday, March 29, 2012

the kind of women i want to be.

I want to workout 3-4 times a week, and enjoy it.

I want to do yoga in my backyard under the sun and not be distracted by my own thoughts.

I want to eat the foods I like & enjoy, the kinds of foods that make me feel (and look) good, and not feel guilty that I am making others feel bad, or that I am not "one of the group" who is pigging out on pizza.

I want to stop judging women as harshly as I do. I can be pretty bad, and in the end I am only pointing out my own insecurities.

I want to find the "date" in every activity Tyler & I get to do together.

I want to stop worrying about the future, and to embrace & be excited about it.

I want to have more days like Sunday - where I balance doing nothing & getting things done.

I want to remember how good it feels to have the laundry done, the house clean, and soup simmering on the stove. Even if there are more fun things to do - at the end of the day, THIS always feels so good.

I want to read more books, and fill more bookcases. 

I want to start thinking those exciting (but scary) thoughts, and seeing where my imagination takes them.

I want to rediscover the performer in me, and start cherishing music again.

I want to stop looking to others for approval/guidance/inspiration, and to start looking INSIDE MYSELF.

I want to be the person that you can call for a laugh, an ear, a shoulder, or a drink.

I want to be the best wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter I can be. In that order. 






thanks to the wild & wily ways of a brunette bombshell

No comments:

Post a Comment