Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Things I am looking forward to this fall

Meg, Charlotte & I sat outside last night with the first Sam Oktoberfests of the season and started to get excited for autumn. Here are some things I am excited about.
  • Visiting the Yankee Candle store. Meg & I had so much fun here last year (of course we didn't take pictures - MEG! Take note - this year, we bring a camera.) There is so much more than just candles - I plan on doing 75% of all Christmas shopping here. I also am excited to add to our little Christmas Village!
  • Going apple picking at the Nashoba Valley Winery - Tyler & I did this one year and brought Ebony, it was so much fun. Here's hoping for the perfect weather when we go!
  • Carving pumpkins - we carve pumpkins every year with the Valentin-Tavares clan, and I always do two, because I get so excited but I never have the patience that Meg has to do those stencils... maybe this year!
  • The Backyard - I want to make use of our backyard as long as weather permits - I hope we can play some outdoor games, drink some beers, and maybe have a fall picnic before the s-word comes and turns everything white.
  • Back to school/housewarming party - haven't thought TOO much about this... but hey... could be fun...
  • Baking - I want to make a plan to bake one new thing a week, or maybe to perfect a pie or something. I want the house filled with smells of pumpkin, turkey, apples, etc.
  • Folliage - with our big windows overlooking the little forrest behind our house, this should be pretty.
  • Save the date pictures - we have to take them this fall! That will be fun to plan.
  • FALL CLOTHES - stay tuned for a later post on this.
  • Our -1 year wedding anniversary, 9-9-11! Eek! WEDDING PLANNING! Exciting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment